- The interaction of two or more agents or forces so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.
- Cooperative interaction among groups, especially among the acquired subsidiaries or merged parts of a corporation, that creates an enhanced combined effect.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
(Sunday of Forgiveness)
This is a Day when younger ask the elderly for forgiveness.
But it also goes among friends.
On the plea:
the custom respond is:
You are forgiven....
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Monday, February 8, 2010
I feel the winds of God today; today my sail I lift,
Though heavy, oft with drenching spray, and torn with many a rift;
If hope but light the water’s crest, and Christ my bark will use,
I’ll seek the seas at His behest, and brave another cruise.
It is the wind of God that dries my vain regretful tears,
Until with braver thoughts shall rise the purer, brighter years;
If cast on shores of selfish ease or pleasure I should be;
Lord, let me feel Thy freshening breeze, and I’ll put back to sea.
If ever I forget Thy love and how that love was shown,
Lift high the blood red flag above; it bears Thy Name alone.
Great Pilot of my onward way, Thou wilt not let me drift;
I feel the winds of God today, today my sail I lift.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
The real wilderness of the hermit is the wilderness of the human spirit which is at once his and everyone else's. What he seeks in that wilderness is not himself, not human company, and consolation, but God.
Man's loneliness is, in fact, the loneliness of God. This is why it is such a great thing for a man to discover his solitude and learn to live in it. For there he finds that he and God are one: that God is aloneness as he himself is alone. That God wills to be alone in man.
~ Thomas Merton
featured art, The Red Cape, Alfons Mucha, 1902
This is my response:
What do I know? What does anyone know except what has been revealed to him?
To him who declares that there is no God, I have only this to say, "You are right. This is what has been revealed to you."
To him who believes in God, as I do, I say, "You are right. This is what has been revealed to you."
That God does exist is evident to all and yet not perceptible to all. Everything that I see testifies to his existence. Not everyone can see this. Let him who can see see.
What we see and believe is what has been revealed to us. And the question of "what" is revealed to "whom" is determined in the realm of the Spirit, which is invisible, yet perceptible to the one to whom it has been revealed.
Believing in God is better than not believing in God. Not believing in God is better than declaring disbelief in God when one actually believes. In truth the worst state is to declare belief in God when one actually does not believe.
- “Therefore, dear Sir, love your solitude and try to sing out with the pain it causes you. For those who are near you are far away... and this shows that the space around you is beginning to grow vast.... be happy about your growth, in which of course you can't take anyone with you, and be gentle with those who stay behind; be confident and calm in front of them and don't torment them with your doubts and don't frighten them with your faith or joy, which they wouldn't be able to comprehend. Seek out some simple and true feeling of what you have in common with them, which doesn't necessarily have to alter when you yourself change again and again; when you see them, love life in a form that is not your own and be indulgent toward those who are growing old, who are afraid of the aloneness that you trust.... and don't expect any understanding; but believe in a love that is being stored up for you like an inheritance, and have faith that in this love there is a strength and a blessing so large that you can travel as far as you wish without having to step outside it.” ~ Rainer Maria Rilke
- ► 2012 (40)
- ► 2011 (51)
- Synergy :)
- God's Grandeur
- Fairest Lord Jesus
- Stream of Praise
- Inspired by GOD
- The Relapse ~
- Evening Prayer
- In God Alone
- Praying the Word of God
- Reckless Movement
- 3 Ways ~
- Ash Wednesday
- Sunday of Forgiveness
- For lack of attention a thousand...
- Falling Snow
- Forward ...
- Seeing More
- I Feel The Winds Of God Today
- Ingerii si arta sublim inspirata
- In The Garden
- Wolf Moon
- ▼ February (26)