Monday, February 1, 2010

Response

Sharing this from my friend Samuel Godfrey George's page:

Someone sent me this message:

"I hope you know that God does not exist".

This is my response:

What do I know? What does anyone know except what has been revealed to him?

To him who declares that there is no God, I have only this to say, "You are right. This is what has been revealed to you."

To him who believes in God, as I do, I say, "You are right. This is what has been revealed to you."

That God does exist is evident to all and yet not perceptible to all. Everything that I see testifies to his existence. Not everyone can see this. Let him who can see see.

What we see and believe is what has been revealed to us. And the question of "what" is revealed to "whom" is determined in the realm of the Spirit, which is invisible, yet perceptible to the one to whom it has been revealed.

Believing in God is better than not believing in God. Not believing in God is better than declaring disbelief in God when one actually believes. In truth the worst state is to declare belief in God when one actually does not believe.