Monday, October 11, 2010

Behold my Humilty










The eyes of my soul were opened, and I beheld th
e plentitude of God, wherein I did comprehend the whole world , both here and beyond the sea, and the abyss and ocean and all things. In all these things I beheld naught save the divine power, in a manner assuredly indescribable; so that through excess of marveling the soul cried with a loud voice, saying

"This whole world is full of God!"

Wherefore now I comprehended how small a thing is the whole world, that is to say both here and beyond the seas, the abyss, the ocean, and all things; and that the Power of God exceeds and fills all.

Then He said unto me: "I have shown thee something of My Power," and I understood, that after this I should better understand the rest.

He then said, "Behold now My Humility." Then was I given an insight into the deep humility of God toward man. And comprehending that unspeakable power and beholding that deep humility, my soul marveled greatly, and did esteem itself to be nothing at all.

~Angela of Foligno