Monday, August 31, 2009

Simple Moments















So many beautiful sights
Greeted my weary eyes today.
While leaving
Mass in peace
Walking along my usual way.
I was greeted by two doves
Singing sweetly cooing their songs of cheer.
Reminding to raise my voice
In worship to God not fear.
And then two sunning turtles
Brought tears to my eyes.
Reminding me to slow down
And look up to the skies.
Later it was two squirrels
Who made me laugh with glee
Reminding me to stop and play
That too is a gift given free.
God speaks to us in ways
Some simple some profound,
But always He speaks with love
And joy and peace abound.
So open your eyes today.
See the beauty He has given you.
Laugh and love and live
And to our Lord be true.

Posted with kind permission of my youtube friend and poet, Daughter of Saint Francis